Wednesday 5 October 2011

Sam and Dean: The epic love story of two brothers....

There are some episodes, some moments that remind me of what Sam and Dean mean to each other.

That they're the one thing in their crazy lives, that they can always trust will be there.

Through bad times and worse, it always comes back to this, back to them, to the brothers, to Sam and Dean.

They may fight, they may lose hope, but somehow they'll always find their way home. Home to each other.

This's what I love about Supernatural. Above everything else it's this. It's Sam and Dean. It's their bond. It's how in the end, they will always choose one another.

When Dean tried to bring Sam back from the brink of madness in this week's episode, this was one of those moments that reminded me, no matter what has come before, this story is about their journey.

...This is different. Right? Then the crap that’s tearing at your walnut? I’m different. Right? ...I am your flesh-and-blood brother, okay? I’m the only one who can legitimately kick your ass in real time. You got away. We got you out, Sammy. Believe in that! Believe me, okay? You gotta believe me. You gotta make it stone number one and build on it....

They're unbroken, unalterable. They're each others touchstone. The one constant in each others lives.

They're soulmates. They keep each other human.

For me, this is the very heart and the very soul of Supernatural. Their story. The story of Sam and Dean. The epic love story of two brothers who will never, ever give up on each other and it's why I'll never, ever give up on them. It's why, no matter what, I'm on this road until the very end. It's Sam and Dean.


No comments:

Post a Comment