Tuesday 13 March 2012

One Crazy Awesome Sunday with the Js – Part 2 - Jared


*all photos used are by me.


If you read part 1 of my Sunday report, you’d know that I get struck with what I call J-brain when around Jensen and Jared (particularly Jensen), so I will try and do my best to give you a rundown of both the boy’s (men! heee) meet and greets but I have a tendency to simply register the experience as opposed to lock away the answers. We have, after all, heard a lot of it before. I don’t take notes in these things either because, well I have no interested in looking down when I could be looking other places! I mean, right?! So I work on my very holey J-brained memory….and as you may have ascertained, my brain really doesn’t function very well in the presence of the Js. So please be patient with me. As always, I will give it my best shot.

Jared’s Meet and Greet….Or 30 minutes of dimples and sweaty adorableness.

Jared was late. That was the story of the day, He was late for the breakfast, late for his meet and greet and late for the autos! There is something totally adorable about his lateness. Because, apparently, he’s all arms and legs and energetic exasperation when he’s late. He came in the door of the meet and greet room looking a little, flustered, apologising and of course, blaming Jensen. He plonked himself into his seat with a “Hi guys how y’all doing” and proceeded to ask us what was happening. Now I’ve never done a Jared meet and greet before and though I’ve had photos with him and come up close in the autos, I must say, being right in front of him while he chatted away, I was struck by how completely lovely he is. This, of course, should be no surprise. But I don’t know, I was still sort of taken a back by his prettiness (yes this is how my meet and greet reports go). He has the prettiest damn eyes and really long eyelashes and of course, those dimples and that smile. Straight away he said he had his phone in his pocket and if it went off, he’d have to sprint from the room because he was on baby alert. I thought to myself, man that’d be a long flight back to Gen! The woman would have to cross her legs until her husband arrived! Talk about stress! God love him for still attending so close to their due date. I mean, really. God love him! Anyway, thankfully, no call. So we had Jared for the full 30 minutes (plus a bit because he didn’t want to stop talking.)


He was holding a drink when he came in and someone asked him if it was a beer. Quick as a whip he came back with “No it’s Bourbon” or maybe he said whiskey, I get those two confused. Then he said, “Nah, it’s Coke” and we all happily giggled and breathed a sigh of relief that we hadn’t driven him to drink at 10.30 in the morning!

The whole thing was very relaxed and casual. I love how laid back the meet and greets are. They’ve a lovely, easy vibe. I find I become conscious of the fact I’m smiling like crazy. I sometimes wonder if I look a little bit like the Joker! But I just can’t help it. There I am and there he is and….yay!

Jared talked a lot about season seven and the death of Bobby and Cas. Neither of the boys liked that very much. He spoke about how he and Jensen would love a reset, so that all their favourite ‘dead’ characters could come back. He said, “Dallas did it.” I thought….nooooo, no Dean in the shower….wait….hang-on….I may be rethinking this…. Ha! Apparently he and Jensen have discussed this concept of a reset a bit. They’ve even mentioned it in passing to the Powers That Be. I interjected and told him there was a lot of talk about this reset idea online, that maybe season seven was Dean’s dream or Sam was still in Hell and six and seven were Sam’s Hell dreams and that people were looking at weird time references and numbers as evidence to support this theory. He was pretty impressed by the fandom’s over thinking! He really digs the idea that maybe Sam really is still in Hell as Lucifer keeps taunting him, but when asked if he thought Sam was actually crazy or still trapped in the cage, he thinks it’s going to pan out that Sam is simply crazy, he’s not sure, but he thinks that’s what the writers are heading towards. Though he definitely sounded like he’d prefer the alternative scenario. He said that if they did a reset and go back it could probably only be one season because they can’t go back too far, what with the guys looking a bit different and all. He might have to trim those sidies…he didn’t say that but I was thinking it! He talked about how in “Repo Man” the only thing they could really do for the flashback was put him in Sam’s old Pumas! I don’t think we even saw Sam’s feet did we?

Someone asked what his most shocking moment or episode was and outside of Bobby’s death, he said it was when they got the script for Houses Of The Holy. He said he and Jensen literally stormed the Vancouver production offices and sent everyone out while they rang Kripke to give him a blast, thinking Eric was trying to use them as a mouthpiece for his personal views. Of course, once Eric explained all, they were cool with it, but he said he was very worried about that episode, as he didn’t sign on for that kind of show. He doesn’t care about people’s beliefs but he doesn’t want to be put in a position where he has feels like his own beliefs are being compromised.

Then he got all hot and said he was burning up. We all nodded internally. He jumped out of his chair doing that shirt shake thing he does and moved across the room to try and adjust the air conditioning. When that failed, he unbuttoned his shirt….revealing a v-necked t-shirt underneath………….I’m proud to say, none of us yelled “Take it off”, at least not in our out-loud voices. A few minutes later a big “whirrrr” noise kicked in, so I guess someone sorted the air out for our hot daddy to be. I was pretty happy they didn’t do it earlier!

He was very candid about the boys loving Mark Pedowitz. Mark loves the show and went up and visited the boys on set, he is a fan. Apparently Jared didn’t like the Bobby being killed scenario either, mainly because as a fan of the show, he likes the Bobby character and didn’t want to see him go, but he said to Jared, beyond his personal opinion, it was good TV. I agree…as sad as it was, it was damn good TV. Jared said that Mark Pedowitz nearly had a falling out with his boss at CBS because of the People’s Choice fiasco. He ended up taking out online advertising to congratulate Supernatural on their win. They seem to like him. I do too. He likes the show. He looks TV. He wears jeans to functions! Very TV. He’s obviously a smart cookie.

Jared also talked about how excited he is for season 8. He said he thought they’d get 8 and probably a 9 or maybe a truncated 9, like One Tree Hill. I got the definite vibe they are thinking about the end game, as I guess, at this point, they would be. I got that from Jensen too…but I’ll get to that.

Someone asked him whom he most admired and he said, his dad. He says his dad just can’t lie. He always tells the truth and Jared really looks up to him for that. He said he has that same gene, the truth gene, though sometimes it gets him in trouble. He used the example of a pregnant Gen asking him if she could still get away with a certain pair of pants, to which Jared replied “Ahhhh wellllll….”. Gen said, “This is when you lie!” Bless! He said how she’s not a girlie girl, she’s just a “chick”, but since she’s been pregnant she’s been much more girlie, because something is going on inside with hormones and he was all like, I have no clue what that is! Waving his hands around in confusion. It was really very sweet.

Alexis asked him if there was going to be another series of the Anime. Jared said that unfortunately the DVD of the anime was released at the same time that the Tsunami hit Japan and the area that was decimated was one of the areas that the distributors were expecting the biggest sales. He clarified to say, that of course the tragedy here was the Tsunami not the DVD sales, however, sales were so affected that another series is in doubt. But if it happens, he will definitely be involved. He didn't speak directly for Jensen, but the implication was they were both keen to do it.


And then there was the dag thing. In Australia and New Zealand, dag is a term of endearment. If someone is kind of adorable and goofy, we call them a dag. Jared right? So Hazel and I always call Jared a dag. He’s a total dag! Hazel and my question was, did he hear a lot of odd colloquialisms because of how he deals with so many international fans, and Jared said, oh yeah. We then went on to say; well we called you a dag and he didn’t know what that was, so we gave him the literal translation. Amanda, also from Australia, was a couple of chairs over and trying to crawl into a hole as she asked us not to tell him! You will have to Google it, I’m not telling you what it is. But Jared upon hearing the translation was laughing and saying, “Oh yeah I get called names like that all the time, like shit-head and asshole and douche-bag!” We were like, nooooo it’s a nice term, it’s an endearment, honest! He was laughing. We thought he’d appreciate it because he likes words and he has a sense of humour. Then we got into a weird conversation about how dude is actually the word for camel’s balls….I don’t know how that happened! Anyway, it meant that from then on, every time Jared saw either Hazel or I he called us dags….which is kind of awesome.

There was probably more, but I can’t remember all the questions. It seemed to go by very quickly. Jared digresses, so when you ask him a question, he goes off on a tangent. One question can end up going a few different ways and go on for a while. The thing that struck me the most was how at ease he was. I don’t know why I should be surprised by that, these guys are so laid back, but it makes for a really enjoyable and easy experience. He was totally relaxed and so very nice. What a nice guy he is. And pretty. Damn.

And then it was over and then he was gone and we were all left grinning ear to ear……
Thanks for reading. I hope that gave you a bit of the vibe of the thing. For me, these experiences aren’t so much about the questions and answers, but about the experience of sharing 30 minutes with these guys, in close quarters and getting to see them in a slightly different environment, a bit more relaxed. They seem to enjoy it too. That, for me, is the special bit.

Oh there was one other thing….he told us how much season 7 cost to produce. He instantly realised he probably shouldn’t have said it. I love how Jared sometimes does that, speaks and then goes “O-oh, whoops.” He said that we didn’t hear it from him! Out of respect for Jared…I’m going to keep it under my hat. I’m sure it’s out there somewhere, but I ain’t sayin’!

Next up….Jensen….*sigh* You can read it here

If you missed part one you can read it here

No comments:

Post a Comment