Thursday 9 January 2014

Spoilers Sweeties! Sneak Peek - Supernatural 9.10 "Road Trip"

It never rains but it pours!

Today we have a sneak peek clip for episode 9.10 "Road Trip"!



Dean looks shattered. Everything in his face is sad, everything in his stance is broken. His emotional state is physically represented. You can actually see the weight on him... 

Crowley, of course is going to escape somehow. We've seen that in the promo already released yesterday. He's out and about. Unless the deal becomes to let him walk? Once Crowly knows the stakes, that's highly likely. Is Dean's choice his brother back, or Crowley captive? We know what he's going to go with. Sam.

I'm so glad Crowley does get away however that goes down, because 1. He can become a big threat again. I like dangerous and annoying Crowley. 2. I was starting to feel bad for him all alone in the dark in the dungeon with nothing but his smart suit and sassy attitude! I couldn't help it! 3. Abaddon. He'll get to go head to snarky head against Abaddon. Yes!

Crowley is a bastard (how I loves him!) Poking Dean in the hurty bits. "Go get Moose, Squirrel...unless, unless of course you can't. That's why you're here isn't it. The poor giant baby's in trouble again." Hmmm. I've always wondered if Crowley half suspected something was amiss with Sam. I guess it's pretty easy to figure out what's really going down, as Sam's not standing next to Dean and Cass is... it's pretty clear they're most likely a Winchester down. I wonder if Crowley will ask about Kevin? Kevin... *sob* I also wonder if the shooting up blood thing will ever amount to anything...or be discussed... Obviously he's not jonesing for a fix so much that the deal can be based around his blood needs.

Cass' trench is definitely a new one. It's shorter and a different style. More a coat than a trench. I hope we see where he gets it from. Does he manifest it? Or does he pop to the shops? :D Interesting that he'd choose a coat so similar to his original one. Sentimental? He can't be cold...he's angelised again! Come on! These things are important, right?

From Dean's whole demeanour, it's most definitely going to be a difficult few episodes emotionally speaking. Add Sam into the mix of having to deal, once we get him back (hurry show, hurry!) and it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster for us all and for the Winchesters.

I know we've been told Dean's in a dark place. Jensen has discussed how difficult he found the tone of these episodes and how he found Dean's head space hard to leave behind, which was super interesting to me, because I asked Jensen at Dallascon if it was easier or harder to leave Dean behind after living with him for so long and he said...after some thought...easier, because it's easier to focus on the differences between Dean and Jensen. Which makes me think, Dean's emotional state in the opening episodes is going to be some of the worst we've seen. Must be why he's shaving less and looks a bit scruffier. Depressed Dean is tragically hot! Sorry, had to be said. Why oh why do we all love the angsty stuff so?


So, what are your thoughts on this episode...now that we're starting to get a bigger picture.

I'm so ready. BRING. IT.


One more thing, today is The People's Choice Awards and I just want to wish everyone who has anything to do with creating Supernatural, and all of us fans the best of luck. Fingers and all other appendages crossed for a good result!

-sweetondean



3 comments:

  1. Hello sweetondean,

    Dean does look wrecked. Poor guy! Jensen must have really needed the holiday break with his family and friends to get out of that head space. Didn't Jared say that some of the upcoming episodes were difficult for him as well? Were they the same ones as Jensen's?

    I'm sure Crowley does leave the Winchester brothers at some point to have his confrontation with Abbadon, but I thought I saw chains still on him during the road trip with Dean. When he's standing by the Impala, his wrists are chained.

    Anyway, my thoughts on the episode are mostly I have no idea what's coming next. I hope Cas tells Sam that demon blood and angel grace cannot exist in the same vessel so that Sam knows the trials did cleanse him. I also hope that the drilling into Sam's brain to get Gadreel out also lets Sam access Gadreel's memories and thoughts so he knows what happened when Gadreel took over and Dean doesn't have to tell him everything all over again. I also hope he knows all about Gadreel as Gadreel knows all about him,. Fair is fair. What I am thinking?!! What is fair never happens to the Winchesters! I can still hope though.

    Speaking of hoping, I am settled in to watch the PCAs. Fingers crossed for a remote feed acceptance speech with Jensen, Jared, and Misha all holding awards!! It'd be cool if the rest of the cast and crew were standing behind them so we could all cheer together! Ah, dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess I was too greedy. Supernatural won best bromance for Sam, Dean and Castiel, but Beauty & the Beast won best show and Ian won best actor. I'm disappointed.

    But, it was a great night for the CW. They also won the best chemistry award for Elena and Damon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a shame...but it inspires us to do better next year!

      Delete