Tuesday 20 May 2014

Supernatural Spoiler-palooza! Season 9 Finale spoiler round up.



SPOILER-PALOOZA


Once upon a time I used to flee from spoilers. I used to hide out in the panic room and stay entirely spoiler free for the last 3 episodes of the season!

That was then. This is NOW!

Now I devour spoilers like a Leviathan devours people who irritate him! And the spoilers for the season 9 finale, "Do You Believe In Miracles" have me feeling tingly all over. Actually, maybe it's lack of oxygen from hyperventilating! Whatever, I am EXCITED (or passing out.)

So because I'm excited to infinity and beyond, I thought I'd bring together into one place, a bunch of the best spoilery bits we've been given over the last week.

So here we go, welcome to the Supernatural Spoiler-palooza!

For the specific purpose of this post, please call me sweetonspoilers! (Thanks for that one Angie!)









The last five minutes of the finale are the most important five minutes of Supernatural history," Jared Padalecki tells TVGuide.com. 

"Something happens that has never happened before in the show. We've gone left, right, up, down, done all sorts of things in the show, but we do something in the finale that we've never seen."

"I haven't seen Season 10, but I'm imagining it has to set up all of season 10," the actor adds. "It's very exciting."

With the Mark of Cain continuing to take its toll on Dean (Jensen Ackles), the eldest Winchester has been struggling against his darker instincts. But it seems Dean can't resist any longer. "We're going to see him go all the way," Padalecki says. 

"There's a parallel with Dean in Season 9 kind of going through what Sam went through in Season 4, where he feels empowered, he feels strong, he feels like he's doing the right thing. And obviously it can take over."

Of course, in Season 4 it was Dean who was able to get through to Sam (though not in time to stop him from breaking the final seal). Will Sam try to repay the favor and save his brother from himself?

"Yes he will," Padalecki says. "Sam did a lot of things this season that upset Jared — like, I wanted to be there. As a little brother and a father of two boys, I wanted to see Sam fight for his brother a little bit more. That didn't happen earlier for reasons understood, but we certainly see Sam in the finale be the brother that I would hope for him to be."

I'm not crying! It's just something in my eye! Like tears....


From TV|Line:

With Dean full of First Blade-fueled rage after last week’s Supernatural, Sam and Castiel will be forced to do the unthinkable to save their brother and friend in this Tuesday’s season finale.

“Sam and Cas are going to have to team up because Dean has powers that are heretofore unknown, so they’re surprising both Sam and Cas,” previews star Jared Padalecki. “We have to go to a pretty big extreme to take care of what’s going on with Dean.”

Meanwhile, as Cas faces the loss of his angelic powers, he “may go to great lengths” to save his own skin, says co-star Misha Collins; at least it seems like he’ll have some time before his juice runs out completely. “I’m interested to see what the writers do with Cas’ fading grace in Season 10.”

Although the Winchesters have been at odds for much of the year, Padalecki assures TVLine that the season ender is full of “a lot of what makes Sam and Dean Sam and Dean and a lot of that brotherly love that the show is based on. You see a lot of it in the finale, in a weird way. So hopefully, next season, we bounce off of that” to show a stronger bond between the two, he says.

While finishing some post-production sound work for the episode, Padalecki found himself overwhelmed by a gamut of emotions. “Parts of it made me laugh, parts of it brought me to tears and parts of it really gave me that feeling where I was excited to see what happens next,” he says.

But before fans can see what comes next this fall, they should prepare for a long, torturous summer: Padalecki teases that Tuesday’s hour closes with a “huge” cliffhanger that changes the landscape “big time.”

“More than any other season before, this season finale has implications for Season 10,” he adds. Says Collins, who sums up the ending as “chilling”: “It may be the best last 10 seconds of a season that we’ve had in five years.

Quick! Someone call an ambulance! I think my heart just stopped!


From Just Jared

Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles make their entrances at The CW Network’s 2014 Upfront Presentation held at The London Hotel on Thursday morning (May 15) in New York City.

The guys were joined on the carpet by their co-star Misha Collins, who was just upped to series regular status for next season!

“Something happens in the finale that is a first we’ll see,” Jared told JJ on the carpet. “I’d say don’t miss the last 30 seconds of the finale.”

Misha told us, “I can say that the fans are going to freak out. I think it’s very chilling and disturbing. When I read the script for the finale, I was definitely shocked. I thought, ‘Can they do this?’ The last five seconds!”

“I’m going to one up [Jared and Misha] and say its the last second,” Jensen said. “The moment the screen goes to black. The last second. There are multiple characters involved. There’s a predicament now.”

I'm already freaking out!


From EW:

Supernatural‘s Winchester brothers have been through it all. Well, they’ve at least been through a lot. In the show’s previous eight season finales, we’ve watched Dean get sent to hell, Sam get sent to hell, Dean get sent to purgatory, Sam die, and believe it or not, this list keeps going. But this season, the finale is going to focus less on where the brothers are sent and more on what’s happening internally, specifically with dear old Dean.

In the penultimate episode, we got a glimpse at what the Mark of Cain was doing to Dean when he attacked Gadreel with the First Blade and was all but foaming at the mouth for more. So can things get worse for Dean? Jensen Ackles hopes not. “It’s been a tough season for me,” Ackles told us at the CW Upfronts. “I don’t usually have to play Dean this dark for this long. Usually it’s an episode, and then he comes back and is happy-go-lucky and a Dean we all love to hate or love to love, whatever side of the fence you’re on.” Obviously we’re on the love-to-love side of things.

“I’m hoping that season 10 might lighten him up a bit,” Ackles added. “[Season] 9 took a bit of a toll, but at the same time, that’s something I don’t expect. Because the show is every evolving and it constantly changes, the characters have to do the same, so even though it was a rough tough season, I still think it was a good season. We’ll see.”

However, we first have to make it through the season 9 finale, which, when asked to rank the finale on a scale of one to Hell, Ackles said: “It’s not so much the place that he’s in as opposed to the issue that’s surrounding him, and that I think is the shocking part.”

Speaking of shocking, Ackles guaranteed that the finale is one of those don’t-miss-the-final-60-seconds deals. Also, expect one of those Winchester brother-bonding moments that will “probably” make you cry, “considering [Jared's] tears were all over my shoulder,” Ackles said.

A-wahhhhhhh! Sammy tears = Amy tears!


From EOnline:

It's my favorite finale we've ever done."

Woah, that's big praise considering Supernatural has had its fair share of epic finales. Eight previous ones, to be exact, so we're pretty sure Jared Padalecki wasn't exaggerating when he gushed about the CW hit's finale, "Do You Believe in Miracles?," airing tonight.

"True to Supernatural form, we go to the extreme," he told us on the red carpet at the CW's Upfront presentation in NYC. "I mean we're 195 episodes in, we have to do something kind of big time. So we do. There will be a big audience reaction."

And Jensen Ackles is backing up his on-screen bro, telling us that even he was surprised by what goes down in the finale. "I know what my reaction was when I got to the end of the page and my mouth was open," he said. "I will say that this cliffhanger surprised me more than most."

So just how dark will Dean (Ackles) go, thanks to the Mark of Cain, which has turned him into a bit of a killing addict? "I will say Dean...he will get darker than we have seen him," Jensen ominously teased.

However, he did have a bit of good news to share with fans: a possible make-up between Sam and Dean, after a rocky season. (And that's putting it gently.) "I will tease the fact that yes, there is a bit of a resolution there and a bit of a regrouping so to speak."

But before you start celebrating, Jensen was quick to add, "But it doesn't last long." 

Curses!

Of course, fans can breathe a sigh of relief going into tonight's finale knowing that Misha Collins is set to return as a series regular for Season 10, meaning more Castiel, which is always a good thing, right? Well, that depends on who you ask...

"We've been trying to get it into our contract that he's not allowed on set, but Warner Bros. isn't going for it," Jensen joked. "So it just means that our crew is going to increase in hazard pay with the pranks that Jared and I will be pulling on him. Everybody's going to have to wear safety helmets and goggles."

So will they be topping their infamous pie prank, which they pulled when Misha made his directorial debut earlier this season? "That was child's play. We're going to reserve a room for him at the ER," Jensen warned. "Jared and I have found out early on that we work much better as allies."

Sounds like they're brothers both on and off-screen, and Jared told us he's actually learned a lot from Sam and Dean's relationship on the show, which he hopes to pass on to his two young sons, Thomas, 2, and Shepherd, 5 months.

"What I've learned is that in my opinion, and the littlest one is five months, so he's too young to really grasp it, but you got a teammate," he told us. "Be happy, you're teammates...you have a best friend for life!"

How can these guys make my heart all mushy and poundy and frightened and poundy all at once?





How about what our guys all said at the CW Upfronts?

(excuse the subtitles I was having embed issues!)









GOT IT?

In summation: WE ARE GOING TO FREAK OUT!



So that's it...for now! But if anything happens in the next 12 hours that you need to know about, I'll be putting it right here!

You can also read my GREAT BIG PREVIEW which has the synopsis and all the promos, episode stills, plus some fan theories!

Soooooooo are we excited, terrified, thrilled, can't wait, flailling all over the room, all of these things and more? YES!

Have fun guys! Enjoy what sounds like is going to be an epic season finale! Revel in the fact that our show can still make you feel like this! And remember the boys will be back in season 10...so hold that to your heart as you rock back and forth in a semi-catatonic state! They will be back!

And don't forget, we're all here for each other....



-sweetondean/sweetonspoilers
Member of the League of Squee
#SammySaveDean




9 comments:

  1. Wheee!!! I'm super excited and freaked out at the same time! Gosh, I love this show. It makes me laugh, and often nearly cry.

    "Although the Winchesters have been at odds for much of the year, Padalecki assures TVLine that the season ender is full of “a lot of what makes Sam and Dean Sam and Dean and a lot of that brotherly love that the show is based on. You see a lot of it in the finale, in a weird way. So hopefully, next season, we bounce off of that” to show a stronger bond between the two, he says." This. I love this. This makes me so very happy. Yay for brotherly love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooooohooo! I love it too! Have a great finale!

      Delete
  2. Gosh I don't remember having such mixed feelings about a finale as I do with this one. Mostly I'm just scared shitless for Dean but then on the other hand, Jared's comments about the brothers getting some of the broments back gives me a little relief but I will still be clutching a pillow in one hand and a glass of wine in the other with the tissue box real close. Virtual hugs through the watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a good finale, Susan! May the force of Winchester love be with you!

      Delete
  3. I am staying mostly spoiler free, but even skimming the first bit of this I am laughing and squeeing and terrified that my heart is going to be squeezed into pulp tonight! OMG!!!!!!! I'm working tonight till 8:45, but I am going to have to leave just a TAD early... like because I need to get to my friend's house by 9, OMG. We are going to cling to each other through this trauma. (Can't go home to watch because my barely tolerant teenagers and husband will talk and snark, the dog will bark, the phone will ring... I'll go home and be a semi-coherent wife, mother, and pet-owner AFTER. Maybe.)

    I so appreciate your squee, as we build up to tonight. I really do. Makes me feel less ridiculous. *snort* Because I am squeeing and quailing right alongside you! Can't wait for the Women of Letters podcast after this airs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! "Enjoy" watching with your friend! See you on the flipside! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  4. Have been watching the spoilers and earlier episodes and my stomach is full mush. I don't know how I can sleep and wake up to see the final. I will probably stay awake and twist and turn. The boys are evil torturers!

    I am so going to cry... See you after if we survive!

    - Lilah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh! I can't wait to cry and scream and hopefully laugh a little and then cry a lot! :D

      Delete
  5. O. M. G! What a finale!!! Intense. Everyone brought their A+++ game from director to writer to actors to special effects...just WOW! It's gonna be one REALLY long summer!!!!! wow wow wow

    ReplyDelete